The K Shield from Kawasumi
The K-Shield as been carefully designed with user needs in mind. For example, it’s clinician friendly and easy to use, especially when activating the safety mechanism. The audible click can be heard clearly to acknowledge the needle is locked and enclosed during activation. Kawasumi’s K-Shield port access infusion sets are available in both straight tubing and needleless “Y” site offerings. And, pinch clamps are color coded according to needle gauge.
- Low profile design – streamlined design helps make dressings simple and efficient and improves patient comfort during long infusion times
- Simple safety device activation – clinician-friendly and easy to use; audible click lets you know the needle is locked and enclosed during activation
- Siliconized needle – minimizes irritation while the port is being accessed or when the needle is removed
- Spacers on skin plate – allows air flow and prohibits moisture between patient’s skin and underneath skin plate
- Non-DEHP fluid path – offers a safe, DEHP-free fluid path
Patient comfort is very important and Kawasumi has addressed this issue with a lubricated needle which reduces patient discomfort when port is accessed as well upon needle removal. Also, K-Shield has one of the lowest profiles in the industry, making dressings simple and efficient. This also improves patient comfort during long infusion times. The ridges on the bottom plate enable skin to breath, further improving patient comfort.